Sunday, January 28, 2007

Changes....

Okay, now that I've left the previous post (Mexico) up for about three weeks (pretty typical), I hope that all of you have read it multiple times now... enough so that you feel as though you experienced the same trip as I had.

Anyway, crazy shit has been happening in my life since the return. I should have been keeping the blog updated while these were occuring... but oh well. Well, the night I got back from Mexico, I got food poisening or something from a burrito I ate at the Dallas airport... I felt like I was going to die for about three full days and nights... it was hell. After that cleared up, Ali and I decided to part ways. It wasn't working out and both of us knew it... so breaking up was the best option. I found a new place and moved out the very next day. I'm now living with Master Mechanic Shep, Brian Alders-Brian Alders, Sunshine, and few other guys I just met. There's a total of 7 people living here now (including myself).

I got settled quickly because now that I'm done with school, I have to deal with the harsh realities of making money, and following a career path. So I've been job searching relentlessly, looking for a job in a clinic or a hospital that specifically puts me in contact with a lot of patients and has me doing basic medical procedures (taking vitals, inserting IVs, etc). My goal is to get into Physician Assistant school in 2008, so I need about a full year of medical experience as a prereq to get in. I've had one interview as a Radiology Assistant, and the interview went really well, I think I have that job in the bag. I still have another interview in Denver... the job sounds great, but it's in Denver... I don't know if I can handle that kind of commute (by car or bike). I did get one job and quit already. I got a job as a dishwasher at a sorority of 60 girls... it sounded great at the time, I would get free breakfast, lunch and dinner everday and only had to work a couple nights a week... but I decided with a new full-time job, training, and taking Genetics ( a prereq for PA school), I'm gonna be spread pretty thin.

I've also been either riding or xc skiing almost everyday... the weather has completely sucked ass since I got back from Boulder. It's probaby good for me though... I'm spending more time doing important "life" things, like looking for a job.

Oh yeah... bike racing plans... I haven't said a word about that in long time. Well I decided that I don't want to do the road thing anymore a long time ago. I did decide that I do want to return to the dirt. Luckily, I didn't have to try to sell myself very much this year because I have teh connections with all my previous teammates from DEAN from a few years ago. So, I was lucky enough to get in contact with those guys at the right time and got set up riding with them. The main sponsors are Maverick, GoFast, and Bikeparts.com. I'm really excited about this team, its with a great group of racers. I'll be teamed up with Jesse Swift, Matt Unger, Brian Laiho... and a few other guys... It should be a blast!

Well, I'm going to go try and brave the cold again... not sure if I'm skiing or riding yet... will decide soon. Enjoy your Sunday!!

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I like the new blog! :)