Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gimme some SPEED!!!


Can't sleep. Drank too much espresso and GoFast... Where's my Dale’s Pale Ale, or even better, an Old Chub when you need one... I gotta calm down. For a very long list of reasons, I'm a little jacked right now. As already stated, I had a lot of caffeine... but that's gotten to be a pretty standard post-work routine. How else am I gonna do everything?!?! I also pulled off my first win of the year, albeit it was Boulder Short Track, it still felt damn good to throw my hands up in the air as I crossed the line… and I beat the undefeated Mike West, who pulled me around the course for most of the race. The course kicked ass… there were big jumps… I got like 3 feet of air… it was sweet. The weekend was amazing. I spent four days in Crested Butte racing and riding. Friday – prerode; Saturday – raced; Saturday night drank and danced a lot; Sunday – epic; Monday – epic with two badass chicks. I’m getting a Subaru Forester tomorrow too!! I also took my GRE on Monday of last week and did great… man does that feel good. Still haven’t quit my job to try to make another attempt at being a pro bike racer… but I think about it multiple times a day… those thoughts can drive a man insane. I do know that the 9-5 thing is something I don’t want to do for too long… life is too much fun to spend indoors workin’ for the man. I’m also taking microbiology right now… so I’m spending about 3 hrs a night on that. Anyway, all is great, just crazy. And here are some pics from the weekend!!!

We're going to have mexican food and margaritas?!?! Stoked!!!!!

Mexican food and margaritas. Stoked.

I've got a good idea, lets drink lots and dance for hours.
Mo, Me, Jamie




Yeah GoFast!!

It's a monkey doing an impression of Jung
I wanna live there - from Saturday's ride.
Pretty

Wow, now that is impressive!
This is from the top of trail 403 - we're all captivated by the view.

Camped Sunday night
I showed Jamie and Mo one of my favorite epic rides ever. It was mucho fun.

"Rosebud"

I luv U Benson!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh,

You're on a tear!!! Hot Hot girls, epic rides, beer, and the short track win! Congrats!

...my opinion on the pro biker thing is that Boulder has enough of those already. :)

Nah, truly I just value being first a student and then a practicing professional in a science field where I get to advance the way humans impact and are impacted by the hydrologic cycle. Going fast and racing on my bike with my friends is just a nice fat layer of icing on the cake.

Wish i could have joined you on Sunday's epic but I was fried from Saturday. How much GoFast are you actually drinking to keep up this tempo you are on? :)

Josh said...

I'm drinking enough that the GoFast stash is dwindling, I'm going to have to ask Jesse to replenish my fridge soon.

Anonymous said...

Blog looks great! And welcome back to the single scene. Lol. Oh yah and you should join the pro scene again. Life is too short. Do what you love most. Congrats on your win!
Lator!
Mo & Benson