Monday, November 21, 2005

Moab and Juicing



Somewhere around 20 riders (most were pro MTBers) including myself made the pilgramage to the mountain bike mecca of Moab, Utah this past weekend. As part of Brian Smith's birthday celebration we rode the White Rim trail, which was around 105 miles. It took me about 11 hours to complete, which is not a fast time at all. I was not out there to set any records, but to enjoy it and take it all in. It was a fun, spiritual, painful, and revitalizing expereince. This ride will be recorded as the biggest and best epic that I've ever done. I'll definately be going back next year.

Tomorrow I will be continuing my recent theme this month by begining a juice fast. This means that all I will be consuming is freshly juiced juice and water for the next three days. I know, this sounds pretty crazy, and it probably is. But, I know a lot of people who have done it, and they all say great things about it. In many ways it makes a lot of sense to me. I imagine it will be pretty hard, but so are a lot of things. I think it will make me stronger. The third and final day will be Thanksgiving... so no turkey for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: