Friday, March 24, 2006

Redlands Prologue

Prologues are hard. The Prologue stage of Redlands was today... and the pH of my entire body felt like it hit an all time low. I started way too hard and by the time I got to the two walls before the finish, my muscles were fully saturated in lactic acid and unable to produce the kind of power and spark that they felt during my openers the day before. The last time I was in this great of oxygen debt was during the uphill bobsled TT at the Deer Valley Norba last year... I gotta learn how to pace myself better.

I'm not too worried about how I finished though... Sunday’s circuit will be the true test and GC will likely change quite a bit.

Anthony had far and away the best ride today coming in 12th, and I know he'll perform strong in the circuit.

Tomorrow is a 9 corner crit that's supposed to be really hard and fast. It doesn't start until 3:30, so I got a long day ahead of me.

For the second weekend in a row, the host housing is spectacular. The house is beautiful, huge, spacious, hot tub, swimming pool, two dogs, lots of TV’s, a huge pantry of food, you name it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, I wish I were there. The weather here is, well, it is the Northeast.