Saturday, May 06, 2006

Gila update

Internet is hard to come by in these parts. I've mainly been poaching it, along with free continental breakfast from the other nearby hotels.

It's day four of the Gila, and the Crit is later today. The last few days have gone pretty good for our team, we're currently sitting in second in the team standings. I've been feeling pretty good everday so far. Tomorrow's the hardest day with the stage being 105 miles with about 10,000 feet of climbing, so the GC should get pretty shaken up.

Yesterday, our team suffered a major loss. Ryan Blickem crashed within the final kilometers and broke his femur. This morning my team and I went down to the hospital to give him some company and he was smiling and in high spirits. It looks like he'll have a lot of rehab ahead of him, but I'm sure that he'll get through it and return to 100% soon enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys need tt bikes pretty bad

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd say they need some real tt bikes. Those things look like they could be ridden on the Norba DH circuit.

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»