Friday, June 02, 2006

On the East Coast

I've been out on the east coast for only a week now and I'm about to hop in the team van again to drive to my fourth home in Arlington, VA. Travelling has been a major theme of the last week. It started out on a really bad note with me and teamates flight from Farmington, NM to Philly.... I'm not going to explain what happened, all I'll say is that it sucked. We started racing immedieatly the next day with BikeJam in Baltimore, MD. This was a fun crit in a park in the ghetto. The whole team rode strong and Alejandro took 3rd. A couple days later we raced the Tour of Somerville in Somerville, NJ. This was by far the hottest I've ever been in a bike race. I was feeling heatstroke overwhelming me as the race went on... I had the chills, goosebumbs, and felt like I was going to pass out and hurl for much of the race. After this race the we went to our new team house, that we won't be living in for a few weeks, in Westport, CT. This is a beautiful area. I think every house has got to be worth over a million.

Right now I'm in Richmond, VA for the CAPTECH Classic crit that I raced last night. That was probably the hardest crit of the year, or maybe second hardest next to the Joe Martin Crit. We had to do fifty laps and each lap had a big climb and some fast downhill corners, and it was at night. I felt great on the climb, but I sucked on the corners and kept letting gaps open which would cause me to chase hard every lap to close them down. Only about 30 guys finished, and I wasn't one of them. However, I stuck it out longer than most of the field (about 3/4 of the race), and felt good.... I just need to figure out how to corner faster.

It looks like I'll be doing all three Philly races now, which I'm really excited about. Lancaster is the first of three and starts on Sunday. My form is pretty good right now, and I think it'll keep getting better as the season rolls on. The rest of the team seems to be riding well too, so hopefully we'll be able to pull off some good results in these upcoming races.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»