Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rainy Days

Well, now I know why Wes bought the XBOX. This last weekend, the team left Matt and I the house to ourselves while they went to do the Rochester Crit and another Crit on Sunday. No TV or internet, usually easy sources of entertainment, left us scratching our heads to find other ways to keep from going nuts. It rained the entire day, which didn’t help at all. We still managed to get out and ride for a solid two hours in the pouring rain. That wasn’t that bad actually; it doesn’t get cold here when it rains like it does in Colorado.

Matt and I kept ourselves entertained by driving to Norwalk and shopping the local Wally-world. That place was a madhouse, every corner you turn, someone would be there with there shopping cart, oblivious to your presence, completely prepared to slam it into your shins. After Matt and I finished shopping, we were both cracked and bonked we drove home and watched Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. We’ve got the entire trilogy here; I’m sure I watch the next two movies soon.

The riding here is pretty damn sweet. I still miss the long climbs of Colorado, but there is definitely no shortage of hard climbs here… most of the time you’re either going up or down, and when you’re riding with Frank, you’re punching it up every single climb.

Yesterday I did a V02max test, and I had some pretty high numbers. I was obviously a little worried before the test that I would score low numbers and have it mess with my head. But, I was higher than I expected, so that’s great for my confidence going into Fitzburg.

In less than a week I’ll be flying back out to Portland to see my lovely girlfriend. I’ll be spending a little over two weeks out there and will also be racing the Cascade classic. My team’s not doing it, so I’ll be racing solo. It looks like a good race for me, so I’m looking forward to it.

No comments: