Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Scuba diving

when I posted last, I was in Flores debating where to go next. I wanted some place to chill for a few days at a good beach... With the possibility of trying scuba diving. My first destination was Livingston. Livingston can only be reached by boat as there are no roads into the town. Because of this I took the beautiful boat ride down the rio dulce to get there. Immediately after getting off the boat, I had about five different locals trying to lead me to some hotel so they receive commission. This place was completely different than everywhere else in Guatemala. There were some good places to eat, but other than that, there was not much to do. I decided that the next morning I would travel into honduras and over to the bay islands and learn to scuba dive. This is probably the cheapest and one of the best places to scuba in the world. Getting there required about 10 transfers in transportation, but I was still able to make it in just over one day. I've been here for about five days now, and after training for the last 3, I finally got to go out into the open water and scuba. AMAZING!!! I have two more dives tomorrow and two more on Friday. Today we descended to about 40 feet, tomorrow and the next day around 60 feet.
































No comments: