Monday, October 25, 2010

Into the Energy Vortex

After spending a week at utila getting my open water scuba diving certification I caught the boat back to the mainland before the hurricane hit the island! Scuba diving was an amazing experience. I had a very long travel to lake atitlan after this... Traveling by bus for about 24 hours. Lake atitlan is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. I spent the first night in panajachel and took a boat to San Pedro la laguna the next day. Definitely one of my favorite places on the trip so far.

Apparently lake atitlan is one of the three energy vortexes in the world which include the great pyramids and machu pichu. I think I'm now a believer in this after what happened yesterday. I was in San Pedro for about 2 hours when I heard someone call my name as I was walking down the street. I looked back, and there was my ex-girlfriend Kira! I was sooo shocked to see her... I still am. We went and had a beer and chatted a little. The evening was incredibly surreal. I also met up with another friend of mine here from when I was in xela. That's to be expected though when you're on the traveling circuit.

So what am I doing here? I'm actually taking more Spanish lessons. I found a very inexpensive school and housing...
I'm also beginning to feel a bit homesick and anxious to find a job when I return to the states... I'm feeling very poor (as in no money) right now. But dwelling on the future is bad for my health, so I'm going to try not to worry about it until it's time. Now, I will just enjoy the lake, my tacos, my capuchino, and my Spanish homework. Here are some pics from the lake and San Pedro:





















1 comment:

kmm said...

Unbelievable! All of it...

Can't wait to see ya. The trails have been great and they miss ya!

BTW - you forgot to mention the other Energy Vortex: The Cosmos

Sorry I've missed your calls, too many mtgs and rides!

km