Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bike racing on TV!!


The final stage of Valley of the Sun went great for my team. We took the majority of the primes and Wes took third. I actually won a $100 prime due to some amazing teamwork. On the final prime lap, three of us were on the front just pinning it and the third guy back (Eneas) let a gap open between Dustin and I so we rode away from the field and took it.

Blickem still held onto his third place in GC... so all in all it was a very succesful first race for the team.

Since the race, I've started my recovery week, so I haven't been doing a whole lot of riding. We met our team mechanic (Eric Jellum) out at the race and were greeted with all of our new GT bikes, including the TT bikes. The bikes are awesome, I can't wait to race on them. Every day since we've gotten back to Oxnard, Jellum's been working from sunrise to sunset getting all the bikes and everything else dialed and ready to race. It's a new concept having someone else work on my bike after being my own mechanic for so many years... it's gonna be nice.

Stage two of the Tour of California is on ESPN tonight... I'm psyched! I tried to go the whole day without hearing the outcome, but that's pretty much impossible when your in a house of seven cyclists. It's a little tough to watch and read the coverage of the race, knowing how close my team was to being in it... suposedly we were on the bubble with another team... but they got it. I heard that the entire Mexican national team dropped out today... hmmmm, now that was a good choice by whoever was selecting teams for that race.

Alright, back to Olympic figure skating.

No comments: