Saturday, February 18, 2006

Racin'!!

I'm back in the hotel room again watching the Olympics... this time with a couple of races in my legs, and a fat burrito in my belly.

The TT yesterday didn't go too well, but I didn't really expect a result without any real TT equipment. My teammate Ryan Blickem got third, 40 seconds down from the winner. Today was the road race, it was a pretty flat course with a small 3% grade climb near the finish. A couple guys got off the front early in the race and opened up a five minute gap with no teams really making an effort to chase it down. By the last lap, their lead was down to only a few minutes, so my team and I got on the front and crushed the pace until we pretty much popped ourselves. We finally caught the break by the finish line, but we were late by a few seconds and one of the two guys in the break ended up taking the win. There were no changes in GC, and Blickem kept his third place position.

Tomorrow's the crit, which looks to be a bit technical, so that should be pretty fun. After that, we'll be driving into the night back to Oxnard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh - I got on your blog again. My dad lives in Camarillo, CA - which is rediculously close to Oxnard. I was just there visiting a few weeks ago. Good luck!