Saturday, September 30, 2006

Too busy having fun

Oh, If only I could blog while riding. Once I start pedaling, my mind starts racing… thinking about everything. This week was pretty rough; I had three exams on Thursday. So for about four days leading up to the exam, I studied… and didn’t do much else. It felt great to be done though… not that I’m ever really done… I’ve still got plenty more on my plate.

Yesterday the Grinch and I ran (hammered) up to the Royal arch at Chetaqua.

My legs kinda hurt today, so I decided to go ride up sunshine canyon through Gold Hill to the peak to peak, over to Ward, down Left Hand canyon, and up over Lee Hill. I was hammering for most of the ride; I just can’t ride easy anymore... riding easy is just boring.

The leaves are absolutely beautiful right now! If you haven’t been up there yet, get into the mountains before its too late, this shit only lasts for a few weeks, and it’ll be over soon. The leaves in Boulder are starting to peak too, so getting up to high vantage point to overlook the town, is pretty damn sweet too… I highly recommend doing that too.

My Girlfriend is in Portland for a few days for her friend’s wedding. Miss you baby.

Tomorrow I’m catching the 10:10 to Ned. Hope it’s epic (but not too epic). Last weekend, Grinch and I went up there and got totally lost… surrounded by Gross Reservoir… w/out enough food and water. The ride ended up being a little over six hours… not what I intended on doing. We did find a bunch of new trails though, so I’d say it was worth it.

I felt like having a White Russian tonight, but I didn’t have any Kalaua. So, I mixed vodka with milk (1:1), and added a little sugar, vanilla extract, and Ice… it was pretty darn good.

Oh yeah, I went to the Boulder cyclocross race at the research park today (to watch), and decided that I really want to do that. I need to get a cross bike though…. I will have cross bike, oh yes, it will be mine.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Sounds like you're having fun. Stupid weather this week. :(