Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Flaggstaff Tuesday!!

Today I did a TT up FLagstaff, one of the best climbs ever. It's about a 25ish minute climb and I ussually do this once a week as my hard ride. I felt okay going up it today, but my time was about a minute slower than my record... I wasn't really expecting to break any records today though. My time was pretty average. I felt awesome on the descent though.

The big news right now for me is that I'm flying out to Vermont next week for the Norba Finals at Mt. Snow. I hope to do really well out there. Most of my best results have been at lower elevation, and I love east coast singletrack, so I'm pretty excited about this one. However, school starts next week also... I'm all of a sudden not feeling ready to go back to school, to much other stuff happening in my life right now. But, that's how it always is, and then I adjust.

In other news, I am tenetively planning on doing the Kona Global 24 hour race in Granby, CO (near Winter Park) on Sept. 10th. I was going to be on a team with Nick Martin and Tristen Shouten on the Trek team for that, but instead Cody Peterson and Matt Shriver, my 3D teammates are pretty sure they want to do it, so we are trying to organize. We are definitely going to have a race on our hands with teams as strong as these two. We are also looking for a girl to ride for us. Teams are supposed to have 3 guys and one girl. If anyone has any experience racing 24 hour races, any advice/info/etc. would be greatly apreciated, as I am a rookie. We are also looking for people to support us at the race, and we will be paying our support people.

Well, it's time to be productive.

No comments: