Saturday, August 20, 2005

Snowmass...

Another weekend of racing before I head out to Mount Snow. The competition was thick this weekend... which is nothing new for a local race in Colorado. The fun took place in Snowmass, CO today on a hard course with lots of climbing and some rough singletrack decents that required use my entire body. The race started with Walker Fergusen killing it from the start with Brian Smith, Nick Ranno, Schnell, Hagman and I chasing. Ranno rode really strong pulling away from all of us for second, Schnell held onto third, HAgman flatted, and I came in fourth. I felt ok, but far from great... oh well though, fourth is pretty good for feeling shitty. Hopefully I can get myself togther for Mt. Snow and bust out a good result. Well, now I'm debating whether I should go out and enjoy the Boulder night life on the last night of summer before school starts... I'm tired and I should recover for Mt. Snow, but I'm also single now, so I should bust out of my shell and have some fun damnit. Well... Hopefully Ranno doesn't puss out, cause I'm game!!
Here's some pics from the race. The top one (from left to right) Cory Collier (probably drinking), Ross Schnell (eating Watermelon), Brian Smith (getting psyched), Me (picking my nose). Below pictures: Me, racing. The pro field lining up for the start. I think in this picture at the time Ranno was rocking out to the Metalica that was playing in the background, I was looking at Walker's hairy legs, and Doug Ryden was thinking about something funny.
Until next time....

No comments: