Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Epic Rides, Tests, Wine and Cheese

So of course a lot has happened since the last time I posted, but I only have time and motivation to write about the best parts of the last four or five days. My weekend (Friday night) began with a bang accompied by Kelly and a little captain morgan... because of this my Saturday wasn't very eventful. But Sunday... Sunday was EPIC. I caught the 10:10 am bus up to Ned and rode until 6:30 pm. The majority of the time I was riding some of the most techy trails I've ridden in a while. I rode with some really good riders (Ariel and Botsy to name a couple), and they were on their cushy 4-6 inch travel Mavericks, while I was on my hard-tail. Because of this I tweaked my shoulder again a little. However, I think it'll hold up for another month and a half until collegiate nats. I was able to hang with these guys on most everything, except for the sections with the big drops. We stopped about five hours into the ride at a bar on the peak-to-peak highway for a couple of pitchers of beer, that was fun, but I was starting to get to the point of just wanting to go home and eat/shower/sleep/etc. After refueling, we shredded some more sick trails almost all the way back to Boulder. (Sorry to those who don't know the Boulder area at all, because you probably have no idea what I'm talking about).

Exams have begun!! I had one yesterday, and one today. The first exams of the first semester of the year are always the most stressful, but I think I did pretty good on them. I'm done with these for about a week, then I get to take some more... YES!!

This coming weekend I will be making my 2005 debut collegiate race in Grand Junction. I've been mainly resting since the 24 hour race (not any intensity or much riding for that matter), so I'm not really sure how I'll feel, but I'm feeling motivated and that's the most important thing. I'm mainly just not looking forward to the traveling, I need like a much longer break than a couple weeks to get me stoked on travelling again.

Tonight, Kelly and I will be acting like sofisticated mature adults and will be attending a wine and cheese party at Chris Jung's house. Wow, I can't believe I just put Chris Jung, sofisticated, and mature in the same sentence. Honestly, I don't know what the hell a wine and cheese party is supposed to be all about, I think it's just another excuse to booze it up... but hey, I like wine, and I like cheese, so why not put them together and pretend we're french!!

I'll try to keep y'all updated as cool and uncool things continue to happen in my life.

No comments: