Friday, September 16, 2005

Glabal 24 hour champions!!


Yep, we won the Global 24 race in Granby, CO last weekend. It was very close battle between us and Trek/VW. In the end we ended up winning by only 6 minutes. It was actaully really fun too... especially when looking back on it, seeing that it has almost been a week. I actually enjoyed myself the most at night. The course was, overall, pretty boring, but at night it turned ito some of the sickest, fastest singletrack I've ever ridden. Also, when I would pass people at night, I felt like I was going faster than I've ever ridden a bike. Everyone on the team kicked ass, Especially Georgia, who did four laps at night, and only two in the day.. and she also posted a couple lap times that were almost as fast if not faster than some of our guys slower times. We couldn't have won if it were not for her boyfriend, Dusty, either. That dude made my breaks in between laps much more bearable, and he totally kept up on everything, so we didn't need to really think or do anything. Not only did I walk away with a $4000 ($1000 a piece), I also left knowing how to suffer a little harder, and made freinds with some really great people. FOr how hard this was at the time, and for how much I wasn't enjoying it at the end, I think I'll definately try do another one someday, especially if there is a large purse... shit, maybe I'll even try doing a solo 24 sometime.

No comments: