Sunday, October 09, 2005

Stinky


This has been an interesting week. The water pump at our house decided to die, so we've been without water for about a week now. What does that mean? That means we can't wash dishes, so we have gigantically huge pile of dirty dishes rotting in the kitchen. We have to drive to the gas station to perform our morning rituals... And I always feel guilty and obligated to buy something that I don't need. And now we have to move into a new place. The timing is not the best for moving since I have muchas exams this week, and I'm also heading down to Durango for the final conference MTB race this coming weekend. I'll just pretend that I'm camping for a while... I love camping, it'll be fun!!

I had another good weekend, at least half of it. Friday night I went to see Mike Doughty (ex Soul Coughing singers new band) at the Fox Theater. It was a really good show... that guy rocks!! I was out pretty late, but I still got enough sleep for Sunday's beat down session. The XC course at Golden Gate park is more technical and rough than any xc course I've ever been on... I'm totally worked. I raced the TT in the moning and the XC a couple hours later. I won both races, the TT by only 6 seconds ahead of Ranno, and the XC I was ten or fifteen minutes ahead of 2nd. Luckily I walked away without any serious injuries, but I definitely had some close calls and one of my worst crashes of the season... I totally went over the bars and did a face plant into some lapped rider I was trying to pass and landed on my chest and belly. This was near the end of the race luckily, but for some reason it triggered my legs to cramp a couple minutes later on the final climb... This was very strange because I've never cramped (except for my lower back) in my entire life, so I had no idea what it felt like until then. I didn't know what was happening so I started punching my legs, and that actually seemed to help... I think. I walked away with a really cool trophy (picture) that the creative minds of the CU Cycling team built. This is a classic suspension fork, one of the first, probably around 15 years old. I wonder if I can ebay it??

Also, I am talking to a couple of pro road teams right now, and my prospects are looking really good. I'll talk more about soon hopefully, when I learn more details.

No comments: