Tuesday, September 14, 2010

El Dia de la Indepencia

I´ve been her for a couple days now and so much has happend! I´ve been taking classes for the past two days and Love it! Xela is sooo beautiful. My Spanish is pretty bad, but enough to get by. I only made it two days without a bike and broke down and rented a decent mountain bike for the week. I got to know the owner of the bike shop who is also a cyclist and he is going to take me out on the local mtb trails. Cycling is actually the most popular sport in Guartemala... cyclists are everywhere!!

Tomorrow is one of the most important days in central american history because it´s independence day. Apparently Xela is the main city to celebrate, so people from all over central america travel here for the celebration. Tonight there will be many festivities and fireworks. It should be a lot of fun.

I´ve been pretty short on time with all that is happening, so I havent had much time to update the blog. I´ll try to get some pics up soon. Thanks for reading.

No comments: