Saturday, September 11, 2010

SPACE

Have you ever looked up at the stars, far removed from any city, and thought about what's out there? Or even more, wanting to go there. I recently had a great conversation with my friend Kelly on this topic. The conversation was actually very short, it consisted of only one word, "SPACE". But while staring at the stars at about 1am in the middle of Wyoming during a pit stop on our drive to ND, that single word summed up everything that could possibly have been said about what we saw. Staring at the sky above evoked such an immense curiosity about all things. The big question that always comes to mind in these situations is "what's out there?". I have a feeling that this is a natural human instinct... And I'm guessing this is why we've created religion and pursue science.

Well, I would give up anything to own the starship enterprise and be able to explore the far reaches of space, but I know that's a little far fetched. However, I've called earth home for just over 29 years now, and I have only seen a fraction of what I actually and realistically have the capability to experience. So what's holding me back? Money of course... But I've found ways overcome that obstacle for now. Other than that, nothing. There's no excuse for me to stay in my comfortable box.

I'm leaving today for Guatemala to partake in a four to five week Spanish immersion program in Quetzaltenango, AKA Xela (pronounced Shay-la). The excitement I have right now is insurmountable. With my recent graduation and success on the PANCE (board exam) I'm in a very good place in my life right now... Relief, satisfaction, happiness.

I know this is kind of cheesy, but I want to give thanks to friends and family that have supported me throughout all my adventures.

Thanks Mom and Pop a million times over for being the best parents anyone could ask for. Thank you for supporting all of my endeavors.

Thank you Lonna and Mike for taking me in and making my life soooo much easier during the rigorous last few months if PA school. Thank you for inspiring me to take this trip and and to do so many other things!

Thank you Kelly M. for being such a great friend and training partner despite me leaving you one month before 24 hours of Moab, leaving you to race the CB100 solo, and not joining you for the next mah-dah-hey In a day attempt.

Thank you Kelly S for all the great info on Guatemala!

Thanks to everyone else I left out, wish I had the time to give props to y'all.

I hope you enjoy reading my updates and looking at my pictures, and thanks for taking the time to check in on me!

No comments: