Saturday, September 25, 2010

I didn't fall into a volcano

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I had a good week... Made it to the hospital on the second attempt. The whole experience was a pretty interesting. The first attempt was unsuccessful due to a road block created by a protest of the farming communities against the energy companies. The hospital experience was very interesting... Things are quite a bit different here, yet very much the same.

I rode with Miguel and Sergio a couple times this week on some more fantastic trails... I'm so lucky to have met those guys. Getting in with the locals is better than any guide book you could ever buy. Sergio invited me over to his house for lunch and to meet his family... Every day that I've been here I've felt so welcomed. Everyone is so incredibly friendly here! I sat down with Sergio today and we came up with an itinerary for the rest of my trip. I've got a lot planned!

I went out dancing last night and I gotta say the people here are amazing... I've never seen such talent cutting a rug. It was mainly salsa, and I'm totally inspired now. I'm going to start taking lessons next week... Hopefully I can fit it in.

I'll be racing again tomorrow... Unfortunetly there's a hurricane blowing through right now, so I'll be racing in the rain. Sergio from The Bike House has been setting me up with riding gear since I've been here and I can't thank him enough. Muchas gracias!! I'll be wearing The Bike House team kit for the race. More good times to come and to share. Thanks for reading! Here are some pics from a ride up chicabal volcano, preride of tomorrows course, solobici's bike shop and sergio's Akitas... Five total! The puppies were adorable!





































No comments: