Friday, December 16, 2005

Back in the Saddle Again

That's right, the metal gods AC/DC can tell you what I'm talkin' about. Honestly though, it hurts real bad. My chode is just not used to that kind of torture yet. I rode with Colby and Mitch yesterday, and those guys worked me... I'm pretty sure they worked themselves too though. The pace seemed a bit hard for this time of year, and we rode for 5.5 hours. What a great way to start my first week of base. I was totally exhausted by the end, but luckily, Myles and Colby were having a holiday potluck dinner party that night. I was easily able to replenish all those burned calories... with a lot of empty calories on top of that.

Today, Colby and I are going out again to log in some more chamois time, today we've both agreed to ride a little easier though, and a little shorter.




Durango is a great place to take a vacation from Boulder. Right now I'm kinda on vacation. Since I just finished my last final, I need a few days to unwind. I've got about a hundred things to do back in Boulder, but I think I'll stay down here for a few more days and relax... which for me means riding my bike five hours a day.

I forget the name of this dog, but he's friends with Psylo... he slept through all the commotion.


This was some damn good cake... the frosting was the best part. The secret ingriedients were two sticks of butter and five cups of sugar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh- I am one lucky woman that this site was the first thing that came up when I googled your name. Hi, how's life, and all that jazz? I've been picked up by a team in Bend for XC skiing, but the 5 years of sitting on my arse aren't helping me keep up. I am really happy to see that you're at CU...and that you're doing really great with cycling. Any chance that you'll be back in MN around Xmas? E-mail: alibeeskier@yahoo.com
Hugs- Alex

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh, tell the d-town boys I say hi, since you will be partying with my old roommates.