Sunday, December 04, 2005

Nor-dork skiing and Cross-maniacs

Yesterday, Cap’n Bob Productions (AKA Boulder Racing) put on the ACA state cyclocross race. I didn’t race, but I did spectate, which can sometimes be equally as fun and hard when the temp is around 25 with wind. This was the first cyclocross race I had ever been to in Colorado… I definitely want to race next year now. Those guys were hammering… it looked like pure suffering without recovery for an hour… Awesome! A lot of big dogs showed up for this one with JHK taking the dubs. Jonathon Baker also showed once again that he’s a fast mother f@$ker taking 2nd. And the third place guy was like fifteen years old… talk about talent. There were probably about seven TIAA-Cref guys in there too… they’re taking over Boulder! The competition in these parts is fierce! All the race did was get me psyched about racing again… it made me miss hammering really hard.

Well I did fill that “lactic acid” void today. Lynch and I drove into the mountains to Eldora for some skinny skiing. I used to race this all through HS, and skied every day of the week for 4 months a year… now I’m lucky to get out three times in a year. But, it’s just a lot easier to instead go for a ride usually in Boulder. I’m pretty worked right now, but the post XC ski high is always the best… so relaxed.

I worked my ass off yesterday doing HW and finished a big project, so I’m taking a day off from school today and just having a good time. School is just like training, you need rest days… sometimes I forget that, and just do HW everyday for too long and I get totally burnt out. But next week, finals begin, so I gotta be fresh before I start hitting the books hard. I can’t wait for it to be over and I can get rolling on my adventure. I’m already kinda starting to miss Boulder already, this town kicks ass. But, it’s also good to take a break from where you live; maybe I’ll find a new location that I like even better. I think I’ve already found a new guy to replace me here… his name is Bryan Smith and he rides for TIAA-Cref… pretty soon Boulder’s gonna have to start regulating the amount of those guys that keep immigrating here… “They took our jobs, dar de gar, dar!!!”

I tried something bold tonight, I sat down with a random chick at the coffee shop, struck up a conversation, and walked away with a phone number. She actually seems really cool, so I'm stoked! But the only thing is, I'm outa here in few weeks, but who cares, i can still have fun, who knows.

I just finished watching the most fucked-up (pardon my french) movie ever. It's called Tarnation. It's very good though... I've never seen anything like it, very original, highly recomended, but be prepared for craziness.

Well here's some pics from the cross race for y'all.



The Grinch and Dirty Sanchez

JHK = fast

The "Band" - I'm tellin' you, someday, there's gonna be cheerleaders.

JB

No comments: