Saturday, December 31, 2005

NEW YEAR

Whew… The car is packed, the apartment is clean, and I now have 74 things posted on ebay. Martini, I think I may have broken any ebay record you may have set for “most auctions posted at one time”. I put in a twelve hour day on Thursday doing nothing but ebay from about eight or nine in the morning until nine at night… work sucks. The trunk of my car is jam packed with all that junk (Yes, I have junk in my trunk) that I’m selling, in a few weeks it’ll be empty and I’ll be a rich man.

I’ve been off the back with my blogging lately, but moving out has totally consumed all of my time and energy. It feels good to finally be done.

So here’s a funny story… the other day I was riding with this guy (I won’t say who he was) but we came to an intersection where I always go straight, but he was used to turning left. He was on my outside, and totally turned left right into me. We both bounced off each other in opposite directions. It happened so fast that I don’t really even know what happened; I just remember getting hit and then being on ground with some light road rash. My bike got pretty mangled though, and I had to rebuild my rear powertap wheel with a new rim and spokes. And my leg warmers and booties got trashed. Oh well, that shit happens, especially when you ride alone a lot, you forget to tell the other guy which direction to go.

Last night I was going to go see a movie, but as I started riding down to the theater, I realized, that riding my bike was way more fun… I don’t really know what got into me, but I was listening to 311 and I just started hammering. I rode my commuter way out east, and then realized that it was much more exciting in the city so I rode back and did some urban assault around town for about an hour… I was sweet, I felt like a kid again shredding the streets of downtown Wayzata or Minneapolis. I then parked my bike and walked all over boulder, just checking stuff out. It was a really good way to spend one of my last nights here. I’m gonna miss this place.

Well, it’s New Years Eve… I think I might have one more wild night of some hell-raising. I mean why not? It’s my last night in Boulder, and it’s New Years. Let’s go nuts!!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Martini said...

Probro, let me just say, Much Respect,I am sure your eyes are crossed after your ebay session.... 76 is a record that would leave me homeless right now too! Nice work brother, keep in touch, Boulder is going to miss you.... another training partner moves on....