Friday, December 23, 2005

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.



Yes, it has been several days since my last post. Basically, I've just been really tired from training a lot, and in the evenings I’ve been stretching and reading a book (1984) that I started last week. My biggest time commitment right now though is trying to sort through everything I own to decide what to throw away, and what to bring with. Too many decisions! I hate throwing stuff away, even though most of it is junk that's probably easily and cheaply replaceable. But, I've made a lot of progress with my sorting in the last few days, especially tonight. I think tonight was so productive because I went to buy a decaf coffee this evening, and the girl at Starbucks decided to give me a free Caramel macchiato too. I normally wouldn't drink a couple shots of espresso at that hour, but I couldn't turn down a free drink. It was delicious, pure sugar and fat with dose of caffeine. After my first sip, I was fully committed to gettin' stuff done.

This picture of my living room may look like just a bunch of crap pilled up everywhere, but there is some serious organization happening here... it's too complicated though, you wouldn't understand.



I also rented another indie flick tonight. It's called "Me and You and Everyone We Know." Not as messed up as the last movie I recommended (Tarnation), and not quite as powerful. It's quite a bit more on the lighter side... it’s funny. It was good, you should check it out.

So my departure date is coming soon. I plan to leave around the 1st of January, and will be heading down to Tucson for the month. I'll then go to Oxnard, CA for February and March.

I finally did something that I've been putting off for far too long. I shaved my legs. I'm no longer a normal dude anymore... which is what I was going for (normalcy) for about a month when I refrained from shaving, but since I started training again, it just didn't feel or look right. Every time I looked at them I was like "these look terrible, I'm a disgusting slob". Now don't get me wrong, I don't think that other people with hairy legs are slobs, it's a self-image thing. Well, while I was transforming the appearance of my legs into beauty, I decided to keep going and get rid of the chest hair as well. And then, I said, "who needs armpit hair, that's the most disgusting hair on the body," so away that went that too. Now, I'm hairless, except of course my wavy, thick, full head of hair, and the hair above my leg tan lines and below the waist.

BEFORE

AFTER


If you don’t hear from me for the next few days, have a Happy Christmas, a Merry Hanukah, and a Kick-Ass Kwanza!!

4 comments:

Martini said...

Glad you shaved bro, it was looking pretty nar. Hey I might miss ya, as I won't be back to the bubble until the 7th.... we are having a camp in Late Jan to Feb in Fruita, renting a house, whole 9 yards, so if your interested let me know, we have a space for free for ya.... just a thought, chew on it! Keep it up bro!

Anonymous said...

Flexing in the mirror. Way cool.

Josh said...

Whatever dude, I'm not totally flexing... my legs normally look like that.

Sarah Lukas said...

see how that works out much better?